Audiobook - Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

>> Tuesday, September 19, 2006

After a messy divorce, depression and further heartbreak, Gilbert takes a year to travel to Italy, India, and Indonesia in search of “everything” and this book is a thoroughly enjoyable memoir of that year. In Italy she indulges her senses, primarily in food. In India she feeds her spiritual side at her guru’s ashram, and in Indonesia she seeks a balance between devotion and pleasure. I loved this book. The people she meets along the way are fascinating and charming. Some of her comments really spoke to me. Although I listened to this book (extremely well read by the author, by the way), I do plan on buying a 3-D copy to read again.

Lotus Reads 9/20/2006 8:24 AM

I read this book a few months ago and I remember being totally charmed by the author's writing style and the experiences/adventures she has on her journey. I liked the "Bali" part of the book the most.

LotusReads

Booklogged 9/20/2006 7:00 PM

I was just going to say I remember reading LotusReads' review awhile ago. It's on my list. In fact, I'm going to suggest it to my bookclub to read next year.

Eleanor 9/20/2006 7:04 PM

I LOVE that you loved this book!

My copy is so dogearred I'm embarrassed.

SuziQoregon 9/20/2006 7:47 PM

Lotus - I will definitely go find your review.

Booklogged: I think this would make a great bookclub book.

and Surly: I think I may have the same problem once I buy a 3-D copy :-) So many parts to read over and over again.

Bookfool 9/21/2006 11:16 AM

This one's been on my wish list for a while, now. It seems to be one of those books that people love or hate and I'm just assuming I'll love it because all my favorite bloggers (including Lotus) have spoken of the book positively, thus far.

SuziQoregon 9/21/2006 7:08 PM

I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Karen :) 9/25/2006 5:52 PM

Q, I loved this book. Richard from Texas just had me rolling. I wish everyone going through bad times could have such healing experiences. I bought this one to keep. Definitely re-read material.

SuziQoregon 9/26/2006 7:16 AM

Karen: Thanks for posting !! Thanks to your persistence, I think my next book will be a Marian Keyes.

Stephanie,  9/29/2006 10:08 AM

Looks interesting. I just love the book cover.