Medical Mystery Madness Challenge Wrap-up

>> Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Medical Mystery Madness Challenge was a fun one hosted by Twiga that I just couldn’t resist. I love mysteries and I’ve read and enjoyed quite a few medical mysteries. Twiga made this one simple – 2 or more medical mystery thrillers between June 1 and November 1. I decided that this would be a good opportunity to read some new authors.

I chose 4 books for this challenge:
Privileged Information by Stephen White
Final Diagnosis by Gary Birken
Isolation Ward by Joshua Spanogle
The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen

The best book: The Surgeon by Tess Gerritson. I can’t wait to read more of her books. I’ll also be reading more by Stephen White and possibly Joshua Spanogle

What book could I have done without? Final Diagnosis was just not good enough to make me seek out any more books by the author.

Any new authors? All were new authors for me.

Books I did not finish: I finished read all that I planned

What did I learn? I learned that I should have started reading Tess Gerritsen several years ago. I also learned from reading other challenge participants blogs that I need to read something by Michael Palmer soon.

All in all, I enjoyed the majority of the books I read for this challenge. Thanks to Twiga for hosting this one – It was fun.

Literary Feline 9/30/2007 10:39 AM

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I had fun with this one too. I really need to read Stephen White's books. I have a few of them in my TBR collection, but I've still yet to read any of them.

Lynne 9/30/2007 11:33 AM

I just finished Tess Gerritsen's latest, THE BONE GARDEN. It was GREAT! I think I've read everything she's written.

twiga92 9/30/2007 3:36 PM

Thanks for participating! I have Final Diagnosis in my TBR pile so will see whether I like it or not. I've read The Surgeon - Gerritsen is great! I also have Isolation Ward to read yet.

Joy 9/30/2007 4:40 PM

Oh! I didn't realize that you read PRIVILEGED INFORMATION! I have it on my First in a Series list and happened to run across it at the library a week or so ago and brought it home. DH just finished reading it and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh yeah ... congrats on finishing another challenge. :)

J. Kaye 10/02/2007 8:33 AM

Found your link on another book blog. Nice blog! :)

SuziQoregon 10/04/2007 7:44 PM

Literary Feline: The Stephen White I read was his first - it had some flaws, but showed promise for a first novel. I'm looking forward to reading more of his.

Lynne: Yay - good to hear that from someone who's read more of her books.

Twiga: Thanks for hosting! It was fun.

Joy: See my note above - Privileged Information wasn't amazing, but showed promise.

J. Kaye: Glad you found me :-) Thanks for stopping by.

Joy 5/02/2008 5:29 AM

Hooray! The MMM Challenge 2008 is up!!!