Hometown Challenge

>> Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Hometown Challenge is hosted by Callista over at S.M.S. Book Reviews. There isn’t an official challenge graphic yet, so I’m using a photo of my hometown – Portland, Oregon.

Your challenge if you choose to accept it is to read at least ONE book from November 1, 2007 to March 1, 2008 that either takes place in your hometown or is written by an author who lives in your hometown. It can be the place you were born or where you live now, whichever.

I’ve selected two books for this challenge:

Both authors live in Portand and both books are set in Portland, so I think I’ve managed to score a double double with my choices.

I’m looking forward to reading both of these.

Thanks to Callista for hosting this one!

Distilled 10/31/2007 3:39 AM

Mind if I leave a shout to the book I authored? I am from Portland, the book is called "Shots of Portland." It recalls the history of the bars in Portland in words, pictures, and anecdotes. Check it out here:

Thank you.

Distilled

Booklogged 10/31/2007 7:00 PM

I don't think there are any books written about my little town. I wonder if Callista would let me adopt a city for the challenge.

Kay 10/31/2007 8:44 PM

Love the picture of Portland. We lived there for 3 years and I still miss it. Good luck with the challenge!

SuziQoregon 11/01/2007 7:53 PM

Distilled: sounds interesting - is it available at Powells?

Booklogged: You should ask Callista - maybe a city in your home state??

Kay: I love living in Portland :-)

Distilled 11/02/2007 12:28 AM

Actually the book is only available through my on-line publisher, the link to the book where it can be purchased is on my blog. It comes in two sized, both hard-bound. Both Powell's and several other bookstores in town wanted orders, but I was not able to meet their price points. That is the struggle in this world sometimes. But I did this as an art project, I am not getting rich any time soon.

Bookfool 11/06/2007 4:15 PM

Wow, I'm sure there's absolutely nothing set where I grew up! Lucky you having such a cool hometown.

SuziQoregon 11/06/2007 7:38 PM

Bookfool: I really am surprised at the number of books I've read that are set in Portland.

Callista 11/11/2007 12:07 PM

Hey thanks for signing up. Booklogged, check well first but if you really can't find anything, than something from your homestate or province would be good.

SuziQoregon 11/14/2007 11:35 AM

Callista: thanks for peeking in - and thanks for hosting this challenge!!