Vacation is good

>> Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I like vacation.

So this is where I've been for the past 5 days. We got back late last night (technically early this morning) from Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo Mexico. We went unplugged and offline for the trip. Didn't take cell phones or computers. It was great. I feel way more than five days worth of relaxed. The beach where we stayed had plenty of sun shelters available which I truly appreciated. With my history of skin cancer I was pleasantly surprised and thankful to have lots of shade available and to be able to really enjoy reading on the beach.

I read three books since last Thursday night so I have reviews to write, pictures to sort and upload as well as email and google reader to catch up on. I'm glad I took today off to continue the vacation mode a bit to catch up with my friends and the world as well as get the laundry and grocery shopping done.

raidergirl3 2/25/2009 9:23 AM

wow, how gorgeous and what a wonderful sounding vacation!

Hope you didn't read any recommenDUDs!

Mary 2/25/2009 10:20 AM

Wow, I feel relaxed just looking at the photo! I can imagine how YOU must feel. WTG - going electronics free.

I'm heading to Phoenix on Sunday. Will visit my parents for 10 days. Wish there was an ocean waiting for me there!

Welcome back.

BTW, I was gone for 4 hours this morning and had 21 posts to read on Google reader. How many were waiting for you???

SuziQoregon 2/25/2009 10:25 AM

Raidergirl: didn't have any recommenDUDs. I took 3 suspense thriller types that were perfect for beach, terrace and airplane reading.

El: thanks!!

Mary: hee hee - I don't regret unplugging for this trip at all - I think it helped add to the relaxation. My google reader unread count is 510 right now and my yahoo mail (for online book groups, goodreads and such has about 50 in the inbox.

Anna 2/25/2009 11:18 AM

I'm jealous! Looks like a great place to spend your vacation.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Red lady-Bonnie 2/25/2009 1:57 PM

What a gorgeous picture! I can only imagine how relaxing your vacation must have been. I have vacation envy...I am SO ready for spring and some sunshine!!
Thanks for sharing the picture with us!!

Vickie 2/25/2009 2:11 PM

Lucky lucky you!! It's always wonderful to come back from vacation wonderfully relaxed.

Diane 2/26/2009 10:15 AM

Glad you had a relaxing vacation. You pix reminds me of Aruba.

SuziQoregon 2/26/2009 3:36 PM

Anna: it was wonderful! We'll definitely be going back.

Bonnie: let's put it this way - at one point I had to ask what day it was - that's the sign of a successful vacation.

Vickie: it was perfect - we felt way more than 5 days worth of relaxed.

Diane: I've never been to Aruba - might have to plan a trip there someday.

Booklogged 2/26/2009 7:09 PM

I'm a bit late, but still wanted to add my delight at your chance for a wonderful, relaxing vacation. It sounds heavenly.

Lisa 2/27/2009 6:48 PM

I want to be in that picture!

SuziQoregon 2/28/2009 8:45 AM

Booklogged: it was wonderful - we already want to go back next year.

Lisa: hee hee - I highly recommend that area of Mexico - beautiful and very relaxing.

Les 2/28/2009 12:51 PM

Oh, what fun, Suzi!!! I love the beach and this sounds like the perfect vacation, especially right now as we have fresh snow on the ground--and it's only 16 degrees! Perhaps I should surprise my hubby with a vacation next week. :)

SuziQoregon 3/02/2009 6:42 PM

Les: Oh it's wonderful and just a totally relaxing place. You should definitely go there sometime. We're already wanting to go back.