Baby Afghan for Tracy S's Baby Boy

>> Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Baby shower was yesterday and in addition to this the Mom-to-be also got a quilt and two baby sweaters made by friends at the party. Lots of handmade love for this little guy already.

click on the photo to see larger image then use the back button to return to this post

This time around I let the recipient pick out the color. I sent her a link to three different brands of yarn so she could see the colors available. I totally knew she'd pick this color before I even sent her the email.

I added the antique white to the border because I thought that looked better than a stark white.

Crochet
Yarn - Lion Brand Baby Soft
Color - Pistachio

By the way - that maple rocker was the first thing my parents bought for the nursery after they found out Mom was pregnant with my older brother.

This one shows a little bit of detail as well as the washing instructions I always attach to baby afghans. I started doing that after I found out that one Mom was afraid to use the afghan I'd made because she didn't know it was machine washable.

Eleanor 2/06/2011 6:41 AM

I love the colors! The border is just perfect. And that rocker? There's just nothing better than a rocking chair with a great history.

Mary 2/06/2011 6:44 AM

So nice and I like the border. Classic look. Great idea on including washing instructions!

Melissa 2/06/2011 6:48 AM

It is so adorable and your crocheting is just gorgeous! Almost makes me want to have a baby so that you'd make one for me. Almost!

Karen :) 2/06/2011 7:38 AM

Beautiful! Love this color!

Beth,  2/06/2011 8:21 AM

Q: You always do such a great job.
Are you a perfectionist? Beautiful

Trish 2/06/2011 11:05 AM

It's absolutely beautiful!! And I think it's great that you attach washing instructions. Generally are all afghans machine washable? I received one recently but it didn't come with instructions and I have the same fear--what if baby spits up and I don't know how to clean it??

Love the color and the white border.

Lynne 2/06/2011 3:01 PM

It's beautiful! Anxious to see how your knitting is coming along.

Carrie,  2/06/2011 3:18 PM

so beautiful - I'm sure it will be treasured for many years go come. I think of all those sweet babies who have been wrapped in your beautifully crafted afghans over the years.

Vickie 2/06/2011 6:49 PM

What a gorgeous gift for the baby! He is blessed to have the home created gifts of love.

SuziQoregon 2/07/2011 9:15 AM

Eleanor: I knew you'd like the story about the rocker ;-)

Mary: Thanks!

Melissa: Oh thank you, but please don't do anything drastic ;-)

Karen: The Mom-to-be picked it out. The nursery will be green and brown.

Beth: Perfectionist doesn't begin to explain it ;-)

Trish: thanks! I honestly think almost all baby yarns are washable, but you might want to check with the person who gave it to you to be sure. I really think most knitters and crocheters use washable yarns for baby stuff.

Lynn: thanks! Right now my knitting project is a scarf for myself - the yarn I bought for the sampler I did for my knitting class is just beautiful so I tore out the class project and am using it for a scarf.

Carrie: Oh what a sweet thought. You made my day.

Vickie: Yes he is. He's a very lucky baby already.

Jenn's Bookshelves 2/07/2011 10:05 AM

It's gorgeous! I loved receiving handmade gifts when I was expecting the boys. I still cherish them all!

Les 2/11/2011 3:45 AM

Oooh! I would've picked those colors, too! It's beautiful and I'm sure will be cherished by both mom & baby.

SuziQoregon 2/15/2011 8:33 PM

Jenn: It's really neat when I hear that folks still use blankets I've made or that they've saved them for another child or future grandchild.

Les: I was really happy with the colors too.