Where in the World Are You Reading? - Cafe

>> Monday, October 15, 2012

Where in the World Are You Reading is a monthly themed Meme jointly hosted by Trish at Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity, Lisa at Books. Lists. Life. and Kailana at The Written World.

Where in the World Are You Reading

Click on any of the links for the posts that explain the details of the Meme. It's never too late to join in so please consider doing so.

Trish is this month's host so here is her explanation of this month's theme and a link to her post:
The October theme is cafes or coffeeshops or teahouses or bars? or anywhere you hangout to grab a bite to eat or a drink and do some reading.

I didn’t think I’d be able to participate this month because I don’t sit in coffeeshops or cafes to read much at all. I only work downtown 3 days a week and I always take my own lunch and do my lunchtime reading in the break room at the office..
McMenamin's Oak Hills Brewpub
When I had last Friday off I decided to take myself out to lunch so I could have something to post for this month. So that burger and tater tots were all Trish’s fault.

Oak Hills Brewpub Menu
I decided to head to our neighborhood brewpub so of course the first reading on the agenda was the menu.

When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka
Then it was time for my book

FlipKlip closed
The next crucial part of any lunchtime reading was my FlipKlip

FlipKlip open
What is a FlipKlip?

FlipKlip on book
It’s only the best invention ever for folks to read while eating lunch. Seriously. I keep one at work and one at home.

It let’s you have both hands to hold your burger.

FlipKlips are available many places and in some stores (I picked up my first one at Powell’s several years ago). This is a link to the manufacturer’s home page.

Lunchtime reading
I wasn’t the only one reading while eating lunch either so I had to sneak a photo.

Check out the link to Trish's post above and join in on this fun monthly meme.

Peppermint Ph.D. 10/16/2012 4:07 AM

Oh my!! I must have a FlipKlip!! :)

Trish 10/17/2012 5:55 AM

First--you are the best. And I'll take the Backyard Burger, please!

Second--Flipklip looks AWESOME!!! I've never seen such a thing but that would solve so many of my reading problems. Would be even better if it comes with a light, too.

Jenn's Bookshelves 10/17/2012 6:02 AM

I have a clip that is somewhat like that, intended to hold a cookbook. I use it for regular books instead. Less than $10, I've had it for years!

Lisa 10/17/2012 6:11 PM

Oh my gosh, how much do I love that you snuck a picture of the other reader???

Les 10/17/2012 6:23 PM

Gotta get one of those Flipklips!!!

Which brew pub? Those burgers sound delicious!

Care 10/19/2012 10:19 AM

Cool! I want a flipklip! and I love that you went to a brewpub of course.

SuziQoregon 10/21/2012 10:03 AM

Peppermint Ph.D: trust me you will love it!

Trish: LOL - Oh a light would be great - but I think you could actually clip a light to the center bar and make it work. When you come to Portland for a visit we'll go out so you can have a backyard burger!

Jenn: I used to have a different style of book clip - I know there are several kinds available.

Lisa: I knew you'd like that ;-)

Les: Yes you do! It's a McMenamin's pub - they're a regional chain - mostly in Oregon and Washington - good food, good beers and lots of fun pubs.

Care: Well of course . . . .

Christine 10/24/2012 10:31 AM

A FlipKlip!!! Of course I want one, too! I read a lot while eating lunch alone right at my dining room table. This would be perfect!

Makes a good stocking stuffer, too. ;)

SuziQoregon 10/29/2012 10:22 AM

Christine - yes it's an excellent stocking stuffer!

Vasilly 10/31/2012 7:09 AM

I need a flipklip! It would be perfect for my textbooks. How did you find out about it?

Kara 11/01/2012 11:26 PM

I want a flipkit! That looks so awesome! Thanks for sharing about it, especially the pics. :)

SuziQoregon 11/19/2012 8:52 PM

Vasily: I happened to see one at Powell's years ago.

Kara: it's one of my favorite gadgets.