A Year of Photo a Day

>> Saturday, March 16, 2013

A year ago yesterday I started playing with Fat Mum Slim's Photo a Day Challenge.

Yesterday I posted my 365th Photo a Day.

I can't really believe I stuck with this for a full year. At the same time I'm glad that I did and I plan to continue. This has turned into a bit of a photo journal for me. The daily photo prompts are a guideline and some have been repeated a few times over the past year. But even the repeats have led me to look at something new or try a different interpretation. It's been a fun year of using my phone camera and training myself to notice the little details and small moments of my days.

One of the things I'm really happy I did was to post my daily photos to ShutterCal. I love being able to go to this site and easily browse or scroll through my photos from the past year.

Below is the first of my daily photos you can click on that and scroll through or you can use this link and then view month by month.

If you haven't started participating in the Photo a Day challenge I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage you to give it a try. I love being able to scroll through the photos and have so many of them bring to mind specific memories.

Amy 3/16/2013 10:52 AM

Congrats on going a whole year!

Suey 3/16/2013 4:45 PM

Wow! A whole year? Impressive! Such a fun project.

Beth F 3/18/2013 4:12 AM

You're an inspiration and I'm going to try a full year too!

SuziQoregon 3/19/2013 8:34 PM

Amy: Thanks!

Suey: Yup - wasn't sure when I started if I'd stick with it and then it just became too fun to quit.

Beth F: Yay! Hope you do!

Bryan G. 3/20/2013 6:18 AM

I don't always get to the FMS photo a day, because sometimes it doesn't strike me. I do try to put up a photo a day, partially because of your inspiration.

SuziQoregon 3/28/2013 9:01 PM

Aww - thanks Bryan. It's been a fun year and I hope to continue for a long time.