Weekend Update July 13, 2013

>> Saturday, July 13, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading Under the Dome. I liked it a lot and was glad to be back reading Stephen King after a break of many years.

I started Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. It's about a couple of misfit high school students in the mid-80's. I've barely started it but I like it so far and many people I trust have recommended it

On audio I’m still listening to Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell. I'll probably finish it this week. It’s narrated by Xe Sands and is the first in a series that features a woman who runs a vintage clothing shop in the Haight Ashbury district of San Francisco who just happens to be a witch. I've enjoyed it so far.

Other than books and reading:
It's our annual family BBQ weekend. Last year it was three grills and a smoker manned by The Hubster, my brother and my nephew.

3 grills and a smoker

There's a good reason we refer to this annual family event as The Meatfest.

These photos are from last year's event.

The guys at work

Oh yes, more meat

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

Jennifer Hartling 7/13/2013 5:16 PM

The Meatfest! LOL, that is awesome :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

Trish 7/14/2013 2:17 PM

LOLOL! enjoy the meatfest! I've been envying your pictures on Instagram but we'll be up in the mountains next weekend and I can't wait. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Beth F 7/16/2013 4:40 AM

Ha!! But it sounds like a great tradition.

Les 7/19/2013 7:04 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Les 7/19/2013 7:05 PM

Yum! It all looks delicious!

SuziQoregon 8/06/2013 9:29 PM

Jennifer: Yeah - it's ridiculous how much meat the guys cook. We always bring home leftovers but it's part of the whole tradition.

Trish: hope you enjoyed your trip to the mountains,

Beth F: Oh yeah - we've been doing this for years now. No signs of stopping, It's a fun weekend.

Les: Oh it was all good!